Skip to content

Woman Sentenced to Life for Killing Infant Daughter in Revenge Against Father

Tradezsha Trenay Bibbs was sentenced in the 2016 death of her 4-month-old baby.

 A Houston mother was sentenced to life in prison Monday in the beating death of her infant daughter in 2016 out of revenge against the baby's father, officials said. Tradezsha Trenay Bibbs, 29, of Houston was convicted of felony murder in the death of 4-month-old Brielle Robinson in April 2016, the Harris County District Attorney Office announced Tuesday. The conviction came in the second trial in the case. Bibbs was previously convicted of capital murder, but that verdict was reversed on appeal. Bibbs killed her daughter because the baby's father no longer wanted a relationship, Assistant District Attorney Keaton Forcht said. Here's what you need to know about this tragic case.

Who Is Tradezsha Trenay Bibbs?

Harris County District Attorneys Office

Bibbs killed Robinson in a Houston hotel room. Emergency room doctors said Bibbs did not seem interested in the baby's medical care or the consequences for the fatal head injury she inflicted, according to trial testimony. In the 2019 decision that reversed Bibbs' earlier conviction, clinical psychologist Gerald Harris found that Bibbs "suffered from postpartum depression with psychotic episodes." Harris added that Bibbs was "suffering from a disease or defect of the mind such that [she] did not know what she did was wrong," according to the decision.

Who Was Brielle Robinson?

Harris County District Attorneys Office

Robinson died after suffering multiple rib fractures and other traumas involving "several organ systems," including a brain bleed and laceration of the liver, according to court documents, Bibbs originally told doctors that Robinson was injured after falling from her car seat onto concrete but later recanted that to investigators,

What Happened


Bibbs called 911 to the Red Carpet Inn where she was staying after Robinson stopped breathing just before 10:30 p.m. April 13, 2016, according to court documents. First responders found Bibbs in the bathroom and Robinson on the floor just inside the door. Robinson was taken to a hospital, where she died the next day. Hospital officials alerted police. In subsequent interviews, Bibbs admitted she bounced Robinson off the bed to the floor.

The Trial


Bibbs was sentenced after a one-week trial. Forcht and Assistant District Attorney Napoleon Stewart prosecuted the case. Forcht argued that Bibbs killed her daughter because the baby's father no longer wanted a relationship with her.

What Prosecutors Said


"Bibbs deserved a life sentence for what she did to her child," Forcht said. "She beat her countless times and seemed to care about as much about the death of her daughter as she did about the life of her daughter." "We are very happy with the verdict in the case," Stewart said. "We are happy that justice was served for baby Brielle."

Filed Under
 •  •